Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 19, 2014

day 19: pause and give thanks...

This post is part of my 31 days to more order series.  To find all topics and posts, go here.

So far in this series we've looked at your space and your schedule.  I'd like you to take some time today, on the Sabbath, to pause and reflect.  The practice of giving thanks is one that I am trying to cultivate in our children.  We want them to have an attitude of gratitude.  Usually, when I'm talking about this with the kids it changes my attitude and brings me to a place of thankfulness too.

Most of us that have the privilege to live in America have so much more than we need.  Take some time today to think about what you are thankful for.  I'm guessing that on top of your list is going to be people not things.  It's okay to be thankful for things.  In the winter months I'm really thankful for central heating and warm clothes.  But at my core, the reason I do what I do is not for the things in my life but the people in my life.

It's important to pause from your typical routine and be still.  I've found that thinking about what I'm grateful for in my life, causes me to be more balanced.  When we focus on what we have, we tend to be less stressed about what we don't have.

On the top of my list of what I'm most thankful is that I get to be mom to these three cuties.



What are you most thankful for today?

I hope you have a blessed day.  

Photobucket

No comments: