Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

where did may go...

This is the final week of school for my boys.  They have a half days today and tomorrow and that's it.  I can't believe another year is in the books.

The month of May flew by me.  We had a busy, full schedule and I blinked and it was gone.  We spent May at sports practice and games, doing homework and studying for tests, playing with and trying to potty train the puppies and it seemed like our schedule was full every weekend.  We have also been discussing some decisions that our family is facing.  None of them are big but some of them are life changing and life giving.

With that said, I'm really looking forward to the slower days of summer.  We have been working on our backyard and are going to create an 'outdoor living space'.  I'd love a screened in porch and have been asking for one since we bought the house over 8 years ago.  Some days, I take my coffee (or wine) and say I'm going to sit in the screened in porch.  My family just rolls their eyes at me.  But truthfully, it's not in the budget right now, so we are adding little elements to create a 'room' like atmosphere out their.  I can't wait to show it to you and have you come hang out...

Here are some pictures of our May

 The boys had field day and both did really well individually and on their relays.  It is such a fun day for the whole school.

 Grace loves to swing :)

 Luke in jedi training

 The puppies play in our sandbox more than the kids do
 We were giving the puppies a bath and after the pups were out the boys got in the tub.  So I told them that was their pool for the summer.  Of course, being boys, they played in the tub for hours.
We've been playing a lot of basket ball, which is so not my sport but it's something the whole family can do.  However, Luke frequently uses the net for more jedi training.

The pups have quickly learned to sit at Grace's feet when she eats because she sometimes drops food.  The other day they worked together to get onto her chair.  It was hilarious.

Hope you had a great month of May and are looking forward to school being out for the summer.



Photobucket

No comments: